Monday, May 31, 2010

Practice 5 thinking and Writing together
The point of this story is about the stereotype. This stereotype that writer encountered is about the things that, in this case is a notebook in hand of the women who represents a poet. The older women assumed she was a waitress, for the fact that, she mistook a notebook in poet’s hand, which was a poem, for menus. This wouldn’t have happened as if the poet to had overcome before anyone took her seriously. A such event has happened to me; once I was shopping, and behind me, a couple seniors mistook me for an American. After they heard me speaking Albanian, realized that otherwise, asking me,” are you an Albanian” my answer was, “yes, I am. “ Explaining to me, they mistook me only basing from clothing of mine. Now I think that was a stereotype.

3 comments:

  1. Edmund,
    What are common stereotypes that Americans have of Albanians?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue so far, but I think could be anyone, so I'm going to research about this after.

    ReplyDelete