Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Justice or in-justice

Tell a story of Justice or in-justice
Throughout our lifetime we encounter justice or in-justice, this is life.
Let me tell a story that describes justice and in-justice, which has remained in my mind for a long time.
Many years ago my family decided to move to a new apartment building, of course it’s been recommended by our relatives, because they wanted us to be closer to them.
As soon as we agreed, my son and I went to check the place out. At first the building manager appeared to be “very polite” and “helpful”. Anyway, she showed us a model of the apartment, we were soon to get. So far, we were very pleased and very excited to make the move.
So, based on rule and policy, we had to complete an application process, and un-refundable security deposit was to be paid.
A couple of days later, I went to pick up the keys and take a look at our new apartment. I locked the apartment door and to my astonishment, a mess appeared in front of my eyes. The ceiling had cracks, the walls chipped paint, the carpet had cigarette burns, stains all over, a foul smell came from the kitchen.
I notified the building manager what found out, but I wondered, her response revolted me. She used an excuse that she was aware that the conditions of the apartment was an "as is" rent.
As I realized, she was literally a cheater, because she deliberately misrepresent the conditions of the apartment we would live, taking advantage by the fact, that we had to paid un-refundable security deposit earlier to the amount of $250. This was unacceptable for me,even though,I suggested her for another apartment, but she did not take it in consideration.
Finally we really got upset, and felt robbed of the way she behaved towards us.
Certainly, the court resolved the whole story, and we got the money back, but the important thing is that,there are such sort of people somewhere around us,who have defects inside their own character. Episodes like these there are everywhere, but I just tried to tell one of theme, which contains the concept of justice and in-justice, we sometimes deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment